The Canadian Association of Radiologists is the sole national association representing all physician radiologists in Canada and works on behalf of radiology in ways that only a national organization with a national perspective can. As such, the CAR is positioned at the forefront of medical leadership in Canada and internationally.
CAR membership is an important investment in the present and future of radiology care in Canada.
In addition to the above, there are numerous reasons to become a CAR member and support your national voice of radiology! Among them, your CAR:
- is your critical national voice of Canadian radiology – advocating for you with governments, other associations, etc., nationally and internationally
- impacts health care in Canada and maintains the integrity of your profession through its quality assurance initiatives (practice guidelines, referral guidelines, accreditation programs)
- keeps you current on radiology research and trends – producing a CAR eNewsletter (Beyond the Image) and a Journal (four issues per year) for members free of charge
- makes equity management services available: Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited offers to manage CAR members’ portfolios (lowered minimum investment) directly at among the lowest fees in the industry.
- offers you high-quality Continuing Professional Development opportunities including:
- Annual Scientific Meeting (with reduced member fees)
- Other CME events
- provides you the opportunity to personally and directly influence radiology care, which you can do by volunteering on working groups that create CAR services and products
- increases your visibility and recognition as an integral part of the health care team and as a physician consultant with patients and other health care professionals
- undertakes vital research, often with the Canadian Radiological Foundation (also managed by the CAR), on the state of radiology and emerging trends and issues
- is your organization of medical leadership by radiologists for radiologists.
Join today and help the CAR positively influence the future of our profession!
Contact us for any assistance.