A national community of practice for abdominal radiology that comes together to guide patient care, education, and research.
The Canadian Society of Abdominal Radiology (CSAR) is a network of Canadian radiologists with an interest in abdominal radiology. The society strives to encourage educational, research and administrative connections to maintain the highest standards of abdominal radiology across Canada.
The role of CSAR:
- Foster interdisciplinary collaboration in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of abdominal disease
- Provide access to medical education in the practice of abdominal radiology for trainees and practicing radiologists
- Promote excellence in research and best practices in abdominal radiology
- Play a leadership role in the development/update of abdominal imaging guidelines, standards, and appropriateness criteria
- Foster an interest in abdominal radiology by providing mentorship opportunities and by development of a sub-speciality curriculum at the annual CAR ASM
The Canadian Society of Abdominal Radiology (CSAR) provides a national platform for collaboration to develop best practices for patient centered care. The society believes in advancing patient care through innovation, research, and education in the field of abdominal radiology. I look forward to working with my colleagues on our board of directors who bring expertise in abdominal radiology from across our country.
With a focus on education, research, networking and fostering high-quality patient care, I invite you to become a member of the Canadian Society of Abdominal Radiology, the voice for Canadian abdominal radiologists.
Silvia Chang, MD, FRCPC, FSAR
2020 - 2022 Board of Directors
President: Silvia Chang, MD, FRCPC, FSAR, Associate Professor, Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia
Vice-President: Tanya Chawla, MRCP, FRCR, FRCPC, Assistant Professor, University of Toronto
Caroline Reinhold, MD, CM, Professor, Department of Radiology, McGill University
Iain Kirkpatrick, MD, FRCPC, Associate Professor, University of Manitoba
Nicola Schieda, MD, FRCPC, Associate Professor, University of Ottawa
Angus Hartery, MD, FRCPC, ABR, Associate Professor of Radiology, Memorial University
Andreu Costa, MD, MSc, FRCPC, Assistant Professor, Dalhousie University
Jessica Li, MD, Resident, University of British Columbia