A national community of practice for abdominal radiology that comes together to guide patient care, education, and research.
The Canadian Society of Abdominal Radiology (CSAR) is a network of Canadian radiologists with an interest in abdominal radiology. The society strives to encourage educational, research and administrative connections to maintain the highest standards of abdominal radiology across Canada.
- Foster interdisciplinary collaboration in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of abdominal disease
- Provide access to medical education in the practice of abdominal radiology for trainees and practicing radiologists
- Promote excellence in research and best practices in abdominal radiology
- Play a leadership role in the development/update of abdominal imaging guidelines, standards, and appropriateness criteria
- Foster an interest in abdominal radiology by providing mentorship opportunities and by development of a sub-speciality curriculum at the annual CAR ASM
I am thrilled to be the new president of CSAR.The society was the brainchild of Drs Silvia Chang and Nicholas Scheida and has grown from strength to strength since its inception.
I am an abdominal imager at the University of Toronto and have sub speciality interests in gynaecologic and GI imaging. I bring a great deal of enthusiasm to my role as well a clear vision of where we are headed to stay at the forefront in the field of abdominal imaging.
We are blessed with incredible talent in Canadian radiology and there is a real opportunity for us to liaise and network to create a nucleus of research, and educational activities as well as to provide guidance and evidence based guidelines to general imagers. I am excited to be part of an initiative that unites so many likeminded radiologists across the country irrespective of their level of experience.
Tanya Chawla, MRCP, FRCR, FRCPC