The CAR Distinguished Career Achievement Award is presented by the CAR to honour individuals who, over the course of their career, have made very significant contributions to radiology in Canada.
The CAR Distinguished Career Achievement Award nominee will, except under exceptional circumstances, have been a long-standing member of the CAR and a senior figure in radiology who has been in practice for at least twenty years.
A nomination may be submitted by any member in good standing of the CAR, including a self-nomination.
The nomination should contain a succinct summary of the major contributions of the nominee and be accompanied by a curriculum vitae.
The nomination must be accompanied by letters of support from two members in good standing of the CAR.
Please submit by email, fax or surface mail the following documentation:
- Name of the nominee
- Name of the nominator
- Title of the nominee
- Contact information of the nominee (address, telephone, fax, email)
- Contact information of the nominator (address, telephone, fax, email)
- CV/Summary of the nominee
- Contribution of the nominee (specify one)
- Basic Research
- Clinical Research
- Other Research
- Clinical Practice
- Two (2) support letters for the nominee from CAR members in good standing
Forward nominations to (Please indicate Subject: CAR Distinguished Career Achievement Award Nomination):
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 613 860-3112
CAR Distinguished Career Achievement Award Nomination
600 - 294 Albert Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 6E6
The award nomination must be presented to the CAR office annually by December 31. If the deadline falls on a weekend or federal holiday, your nomination must reach the CAR by the following working day. The nomination may be made in writing via e-mail, fax or regular surface mail. The nominator is responsible for ensuring that the written nomination, CV, summary, and two support letters are in the CAR office by the deadline. An individual member may nominate or sponsor only one person each year.
A Board Working Group (BWG) on Awards will evaluate the award nominations.
If unsuccessful the first year, the nomination may be reactivated by any member in good standing for consideration for a maximum of two (2) years following the first submission. This can be done by submitting a letter requesting reactivation by November 5 of the subsequent year. This reactivation does not require any new supporting data.
The award will be presented at the CAR Awards ceremony held in conjunction with the CAR’s Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) in April.
The CAR Distinguished Career Achievement Award includes travel costs, hotel accommodations for two nights and two tickets to the CAR Awards ceremony.
- The award shall be known as: CAR Distinguished Career Achievement Award.
- It can be awarded by the CAR to honor individuals who, over the course of their career, have made very significant contributions to the field of radiology in Canada.
- The recipient will be a senior figure who has been in practice for at least twenty years.
- The CAR is under no obligation to present the award annually.
- Except under very unusual circumstances, the award will be given to one nominee each year.
- Only in the event of the demise of the nominee after being selected shall the award be presented posthumously.