For more than 80 years, the CAR has been offering Canadian radiologists the opportunity to contribute towards excellence in healthcare via a national conduit. By joining the CAR, you are part of the history and future of radiology in Canada, ensuring the practice gains recognition, understanding and buy-in from key stakeholders. The CAR is your organization of medical leadership by radiologists, for radiologists.
CAR Membership Sustains the Essential Role of Radiology in Canada’s Healthcare Ecosystem
Joining the CAR means you are supporting CAR’s activities on three main fronts:
- Patient Care - The CAR works with governments, health professionals and technology leaders to make optimal use of diagnostic imaging. Our goal is to ensure the right tests are performed the right way and interpreted the right way.
- Advocacy - We also serve as the voice of Canadian radiology so that governments, the public and news media are fully informed about the benefits and risks of diagnostic imaging, the challenges we face and the solutions we propose.
- Education - We create, accredit and promote opportunities for continuing medical education and research, helping radiologists stay at the leading edge of diagnostic imaging healthcare.
What benefits does your membership provide?
- A National Voice advocating for radiologists in Canada
- RAD Academy - Access* to CAR’s e-institute for learning and premier location for section 3 SAP radiology CPD
- Digital subscription to the CAR Journal, Canada's #1 journal for radiologists
- Complimentary membership with the Canadian Society of Thoracic Radiology (CSTR) - a CAR affiliate society
- Reduced annual subscription to STATdx, an online diagnostic decision support tool
- Access to MD Financial Management's services.
- BMS Insurance, coverage for business, employment and cyber insurance
- CAR members can enjoy preferred rates on car, home, condo and tenant insurance through the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Program
- 15% discount on the CAR's Annual Scientific Meeting
- 50% discount on ACR membership
- Invitation to the CAR's Canadian Reception at the RSNA's annual meeting on November 29, 2020 in Chicago, IL, USA
- Opportunity to participate in one of our national working groups that help shape the radiology profession
- Membership with The Rounds, Canadian based social networking platform for healthcare professionals
- A Resident Resource Section specifically dedicated to learning for radiologists in training
- Access to radiology resources such as clinical practice guidelines and more
*Additional fee for Retired members
As the only national specialty society for radiologists, the CAR is in a prime position to speak with stakeholders about issues that are important to our members and that affect medical imaging in Canada while at the same time ensuring improved access to quality care.