We are eager to welcome you as a member and to work together to positively influence the future of radiology in Canada!
The Canadian Association of Radiologists is the sole national association representing all physician radiologists in Canada and works on behalf of radiology in ways that only a national organization with a national perspective can. As such, the CAR is positioned at the forefront of medical leadership in Canada and internationally.
CAR membership is an important investment in the present and future of radiology care in Canada.
In addition to the above, there are numerous reasons to become a CAR member and support your national voice of radiology! Among them, your CAR:
- impacts health care in Canada and maintains the integrity of your profession through its quality assurance initiatives (practice guidelines, referral guidelines, accreditation programs)
- is your critical national voice of Canadian radiology – advocating for you with governments, other associations, etc., nationally and internationally
- provides you the opportunity to personally and directly influence radiology care, which you can do by volunteering on working groups that create CAR services and products
- increases your visibility and recognition as an integral part of the health care team and as a physician consultant with patients and other health care professionals
- keeps you current on radiology research and trends – producing a CAR eNewsletter (Beyond the Image) and a Journal (four issues per year) for members free of charge
- offers you high-quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities including:
- Annual Scientific Meeting (with reduced member fees)
- Other CME events
- undertakes vital research, often with the Canadian Radiological Foundation (also managed by the CAR), on the state of radiology and emerging trends and issues
- makes equity management services available to CAR members at rates that are among the lowest in the industry
- is your organization of medical leadership by radiologists for radiologists.
Join today and help the CAR positively influence the future of our profession!
Contact us for any assistance.