Did you know the CAR has Affiliate Societies that members can join? Do you work in a subspecialty where you would love to network, collaborate, and obtain more knowledge with other subspecialists like yourself? The Affiliate Societies are integrated with the CAR while maintaining distinct mandates and provide the opportunity for close collaboration on education, research, and advocacy activities to the radiology community.
Here are many of the initiatives our Affiliate Society members can benefit from to enhance their voice for their profession:
- Network, mentor, advance knowledge, and discuss research within your subspecialty
- Provide educational content (CAR’s RAD Academy, lectures, resources, courses, webinars)
- Research activities (opportunity to publish articles/white papers for the CAR journal)
- Opportunities to review resources from your subspecialty and to provide your feedback
- Join a subcommittee to participate in research and education projects
- Receive a bi-annual subspecialty seasonal education newsletter
- Opportunity to participate in guideline development and review
- Attend the annual Affiliate Societies business meeting at the CAR Annual Scientific Meeting
- Each Affiliate Society has its own webpage where you can find or add valuable resources relating to your subspecialty
- Nominate a radiologist for distinguished and extraordinary services within their subspecialty to win an award of recognition
The best part is that membership fees are complimentary if you are a current CAR member. If you are interested in becoming an Affiliate Society member please join through the CAR member portal or email [email protected].