The CAR Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) attracts nearly 500 participants every year from across Canada and the globe to network, learn, present, inspire and be recognized among peers. CAR 2018 will be our most innovative and technologically-driven meeting ever. Here are the top 5 reasons to attend:1. Celebrate the role of innovative technologies in imaging
CAR 2018 will be highlighting how the integration of cutting-edge technology continues to impact imaging for radiologists and patients alike. To deliver on our theme Artificial Intelligence in Radiology: Present and Future, the CAR Annual Scientific Meeting Program Committee partnered with the CAR’s Artificial Intelligence Working Group to deliver scientific and educational content that recognizes the use of advanced equipment and tools to help guide therapeutic decision-making and help improve clinical outcomes and patient care. Come to CAR 2018 to witness the latest from our exciting panel of speakers. Access the agenda online to see these and other scheduled presentations.
- Thursday, April 26: Opening Lecture: Dr. Ron Summers – The Impact of Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence on Radiology
- Friday, April 27: Plenary: Dr. James Min – What Defines Better? Machine Learning in Medical Imaging
- Saturday, April 28: Plenary: Dr. Darcy Wolfman – Endometrial Imaging
- Sunday, April 29: Plenary: Dr. Lorraine LeGrand Westfall – Artificial Intelligence and Medical Legal Issues
2. Recognize the most accomplished members receiving CAR awards
In addition to the three annual CAR awards, including the Gold Medal Award, Distinguished Career Achievement Award, and Young Investigator Award, this year the CAR is launching the Fellowship of the CAR Award recognizing the scientific, professional, volunteer leadership and service from our most dedicated members. It is one of the highest honours that the CAR can bestow upon its members. The 2018 FCAR Convocation Ceremony will be held on Saturday, April 28 in conjunction with the CAR 2018 Awards Ceremony. All CAR 2018 participants are invited to attend.
3. Get social
Create the opportunity to connect with colleagues and friends at one of our many popular social events including:
- Opening Cocktail, Thursday, April 26 18:00 – 19:00
- 5K Fun Run, Friday April 27 06:45
- Friday Cocktail with Vendors, April 27 17:00 – 18:00
- Reception for Radiologists-in-Training, Friday, April 27 18:30 – 20:00
- Cocktail and Awards Ceremony, Saturday, April 28 17:00 – 19:00
4. Engage the competition at the Image Interpretation Panel
Two teams of radiologists will compete to read and interpret unknown cases across a variety of body systems. The panel will be an opportunity to observe colleagues and peers as they analyze images and develop diagnoses, then use those diagnoses to guide patient care. The Image Interpretation Panel will take place on Saturday, April 28 and will be moderated by Dr. Bruce Forster.
5. Participate in the Workshop: Prostate MRI Saturday, April 28: This year’s hands-on, interactive workshop will be dedicated to MRI of the prostate. Designed for practicing radiologists, this course will focus on practical problem-solving for the general radiologist, highlight PIRADS v2 technique with emphasis and ample opportunity for case review.