The McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) invites applications for the role of Chief of the Department of Medical Imaging.
We encourage all individuals, regardless of gender or background, to apply.
The Chief of the Department of Medical Imaging holds a pivotal position at MUHC, leading an interdisciplinary entity while strengthening robust relationships with the health network and the community. His/her responsibilities include promoting the professional development of the members, ensuring compliance with departmental guidelines, and guaranteeing that the medical quality assessment committee adheres to hospital standards, with a particular emphasis on equity, inclusion, and diversity. The Chief is also responsible for recruiting service members and must have proven managerial skills to effectively collaborate with department members and other professionals, including managers, nurses and technologists.
The Chief also oversees researchers, ensuring their academic and professional development. Collaboration with other departments is essential to integrate medical imaging innovations into various specialties. It is crucial to stay at the forefront of technological advancements and incorporate them into teaching and research programs. Active participation in research and education committees is also expected.
Furthermore, the Chief is responsible for organizing, planning, and monitoring clinical and administrative activities, in close collaboration with the Director of Medical Imaging, following a co-management model. They participate in the development of medical protocols and internal procedures, ensuring the optimization of resources while adhering to quality and safety standards. They are also in charge of managing access to examinations in coordination with medical staff to optimize resource utilization and reduce waiting times.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Visionary, facilitator, unifier, and inspiring, with exceptional communication skills. The future Chief will need to address past communication issues, while consolidating a shared vision and improving internal and external communication.
- Familiarity with the Quebec health system and deep expertise in the practice of medical imaging in an academic context and knowledge of care organization in Quebec, especially RLS and PEM.
- Academic radiologist holding a position of full or associate professor.
- Internationally recognized research profile.
- Dynamic, unifying, with engaging leadership with management and collaboration skills (both within the medical imaging department and inter-departmentally).
- Proven administrative experience in radiology and ability to work with limited resources.
- Holder of a practice license in Quebec or eligible to obtain one.
- All qualified applications are welcome. Priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents. The MUHC actively promotes employment diversity and equity. Command of the French language is an asset.
- Candidates meeting the criteria are invited to submit their application, including a detailed CV and a description of their clinical, research, and teaching experience, electronically, within 60 days of this announcement’s publication.
About the MUHC
Internationally recognized, MUHC strives for care excellence through an integrated approach. The Department of Medical Imaging, composed of doctors, professionals, and patient partners, aims to provide excellent care while promoting education, research, and innovation. Artificial intelligence and telemedicine are at the heart of their mission. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunities and preventing any form of discrimination.