Join us in Montreal for CAR 2018, Artificial Intelligence: Present and Future. The meeting is the premier Canadian radiology event of the year, renowned for its scientific and educational content, and for the opportunity to connect with colleagues from across Canada.
Featuring an impressive roster of national and international speakers, the 2018 program covers scientific and educational material that is of value for radiologists and trainees.
Early bird deadline: March 9, 2018
In seeking to provide patients with optimal healthcare experiences and outcomes, radiologists seek to deliver proficient services in a timely manner and with the most appropriate and advanced equipment and tools. CAR 2018 will explore the development of technologies like deep learning and artificial intelligence in radiology, how to integrate them thoughtfully, and how to use imaging to help guide therapeutic decision making to help improve clinical outcomes.
This conference is designed for all general and subspecialty radiologists as well as radiology residents whose work involves performing or interpreting images, determining appropriateness and using advanced equipment and tools to help guide therapeutic decision-making and help improve clinical outcomes.
After attending this conference, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of radiologists maintaining an active role on clinical teams.
CanMEDS roles: Collaborator, Communicator, Health Advocate, Leader, Professional
- Discuss the recent changes that have occurred in imaging as a result of the implementation of artificial intelligence, deep learning, and machine learning in imaging workflows.
CanMEDS roles: Health Advocate, Leader, Professional
- Discuss the opportunities of big data and artificial intelligence to improve on the diagnostic performance and predictive value of imaging.
CanMEDS Roles: Communicator, Health Advocate, Scholar
- Define the role and utilization of advanced technology in clinical imaging.
CanMEDS Roles: Communicator, Leader, Medical Expert
- Discuss how imaging can help inform therapeutic decision making that help improve outcomes.
CanMEDS Roles: Health Advocate, Leader
- Identify strategies to engage in academic activities and contribute to the academic life of a Radiology department.
CanMEDS role: Professional, Leader, Scholar