To ensure the sustainable future of patient-focused RADIOLOGY research, education and innovation excellence in Canada and beyond.
To promote the art and science of radiology through research and education.
The Canadian Radiological Foundation (CRF) achieves its mission through the funding of projects which help to shape the future of radiology in Canada. In support of this directive, the CRF has sustained the following activities.
- Research and Innovation Grants - In support of studies and research projects in diagnostic radiology or interventional procedures, the CRF provides the opportunity to apply for grants and awards accordingly. Learn more
- Leadership Courses in Radiology - The CRF provides new and unique leadership courses in radiology designed to help radiologists expand their leadership skills and contribute to the future of radiology in Canada. Learn more
- Leadership Scholarships - The CRF offers leadership scholarships to allow the selected CAR members to acquire and develop leadership skills to become radiology leaders of tomorrow. Learn more
- Educational Outreach - The CRF sponsors qualified CAR members to attend and lecture at various international radiology conferences. Learn more
- CAR ASM Awards - The CRF sponsors the CAR Annual Scientific Meeting abstract awards. Many of the recipients have gone on to complete further research and contribute to the profession of radiology. Learn more
- Reports and Guidelines - The CRF has commissioned various reports and guidelines such as The Lifecycle Guidance for Medical Imaging Equipment in Canada. Learn more
Strategic Plan 2019-2023
A strategic planning session was held in Ottawa on October 21, 2018, to define the priorities of the foundation, with a specific focus on our vision and strategic initiatives.
The CRF has identified two areas of focus to drive results during the next five years. Each of these is focused on creating the capacity to serve the practice of radiology and be patient-centred:
- Establish a leadership position in Canadian radiological philanthropy
- Demonstrate best practices in raising funds and governing the foundation
The CRF's five pillars are:
- Research and innovation grants
- Patient-centred care
- Leadership development
- Educational outreach
- Professional and trainee awards
The future of medical imaging lies with each and every radiologist in Canada. Through your support, we can make a major contribution to ensure that radiology continues to impact the future of the Canadian healthcare system and help future generations see beyond to discover new frontiers.
You can expand the scope of the CRF's support of medical imaging research and education in Canada by making a tax-deductible donation today.
By donating, you are giving permission to have your name published as a donor on the CRF Donations webpage. Should you prefer to remain anonymous please contact firstname.lastname@example.org