CAR CPD (CME) Working Group
The CME/CPD Working Group's mandate is to oversee the planning, development and delivery of high quality CME/CPD programs to CAR members, imaging professionals and other related healthcare professionals. Its objectives are:
- Plan and conduct high quality educational programs, in complement to the CAR ASM, which relate to the learning needs of imaging professionals.
- Determine, in accordance to standards set by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada’s Maintenance of Certification and Accreditation programs, best practice guidelines and standards for all CAR educational activities.
- Inform and encourage imaging professionals on best practices in CPD.
- Identify and define resource requirements for viability within given restraints.
- Utilize a systematic approach, including overall educational program assessment, to remain an accredited provider.
The composition of the Working Group should answer different perspectives such as imaging systems and modalities, language, gender, geographical distribution and academic versus non academic, remote and rural environment of practice and expertise in adult education.
Current CAR CME/CPD Working Group members are:
- Dr. David Vickar, Chair
- Dr. Marie-Claude Chevrier
- Dr. Najla Fasih
- Dr. Rafael Glikstein
- Dr. Jeffrey Grenville
- Dr. Ania Kielar
- Dr. Andrew Mason
- Dr. David Miller
- Dr. Margaret O'Keeffe
- Dr. Michael Patlas
- Dr. Francesca Proulx
- Dr. Khashayar Rafat-Zand
- Dr. Jason Robins
- Ms. Karen Smith
- Ms. Josée Roy-Pilon