Accreditation of Self Assessment Programs
(Section 3– RCPSC Maintenance of Certification Program)
Receiving Section 3 Accreditation from the CAR and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for a self assessment program allows the authoring group to promote their module as one with the highest educational quality.
Self-Assessment Programs (SAP) provide specialists with the opportunity to review their knowledge and clinical judgment with current scientific evidence.
To qualify for an accreditation review, a self-assessment program must:
- be developed by a planning committee composed of members of a physician organization
- address a defined need within a specific subject area, topic, or problem.
- describe or include methods that enable participants to demonstrate or apply knowledge, skills or attitudes
- provide detailed feedback to participants on their performance to enable the identification of any deficit in knowledge and the development of a future learning plan
- be independent from any commercial interests
Review the following documents for more details on applying for CAR accreditation of a self-assessment program: