Accreditation of Group Learning Activities
(Section 1 – RCPSC Maintenance of Certification Program)
Receiving Section 1 Accreditation from the CAR and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for group learning activities allows organizing groups to promote that their event is of the highest educational quality.
Information for Applicants
- Accreditation requests must be received at least eight weeks before the activity.
- Applications received less than eight weeks prior to date of the activity will incur additional fees.
- Applications received less than three weeks prior to the event will not be accepted.
- The Accreditation assessment will not proceed until the payment has been made and all documents have been received.
- Requests must be sent directly to the CAR office, either by mail or by email.
- For activities taking place outside of Canada, please contact the CAR prior to beginning the application process.
A complete application request includes the following:
- Completed and signed CAR Accreditation Application form
- Detailed program of the activity
- Evaluation/survey form of the activity (see sample of a survey)
- Evaluation/survey form for each session (see sample of a survey)
- Sample of promotional material/brochure
- Copy of test/quiz/interactive questionnaire, if applicable
- Budget of the activity (stating all the sources of revenues and anticipated expenses)
- Copies of the signed disclosure form for all of the speakers (see sample of a disclosure form)
- Copies of the disclosure form for all members of the organizing committee (see sample of a disclosure form)
We strongly advise you consult the Creating and Writing Learning Objectives guide to assist in writing the learning objectives of the course and for each of the sessions.
Within two months of the completion of your activity, you will also need to submit:
- Summary of the evaluation results
- List of attending Canadian and International radiologists
View the CAR policy on group activities.